Tag Archives: opi
Moving sale! eBay nail polish auction ends TODAY (3/11)! Chanel Butter London Tokidoki Hello Kitty Disney Julep OPI China Glaze Zoya
Happy Valentine’ Day all my loves! I haven’t done any freehand nail art in a loooong time obviously. Spent a little while last night on this watching TV. I used Bonita nail polish which I’ve never found anywhere but Ross. And the nail art polish from the drugstore. I have so many brands and colors I don’t remember now which this is other than a pearly white.
Next up is VD pkgs for our girls – Samantha, Jess and Tina. Yep. Once they are adults and out on their own you gotta bribe em to come visit! Lol. The bags are filled with goodies from Ulta. The polish/lip gloss bags are from Ross as well. Never heard of the brand – Cranky Girlz – but it fits perfectly! Lmao
This is my Mom’s VD bag I’ll take today to the nursing home. The fake roses will last so I chose them over real bc she has no way to take care of them. The bag is filled with Valentine socks, candy, slim Jim’s, and some other goodies. I’ll tie the balloons to her wheelchair.
The other bag is goodie bags she asked me to make to hand out at their party today. Pencils, stickers, candy, and a wand for everyone because we all need a little magic in our lives!
And last but not least – Joe’s gift. He’s the avid Wizard of Oz collector! I was so happy my nail supply gave me a display, but of course I bought the polishes! The look on Joe’s face this morning when he came downstairs was priceless. He knew about the Collex bc we’ve discussed it since it was first promo’d.
And tonight we’ll be going out to dinner at Catfish Dewey’s for all U can eat Stone Crabs! We always go once a season and saved it for tonight this time! I can’t wait to make a total pig of myself on them!
Have a Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
Oops I have an update! Joe just surprised me with chocolates from Jimmie’s! Wow that’s so neat. They are a little chocolate shop and cafe here that makes their own chocolates. We’ve always meant to stop there and eat but never have. But now that I’ve FINALLY tasted their chocolates I’m gonna bug Joe to go there sometime and eat, too!
- Makeup Demon: Makeup idea for Christmas, New Year or other party. Let’s sparkle!
- Confessions of a Sarcastic Mom: The Zoya Lovely collection is full of fun, airy pastels! See Destany’s swatches.
- Pinked Polish: A Mani featuring polishes from two of my fave Indie polish makers!!!! And It’s Pink
- Amber Did It!: Amber flies high with Philadelphia Eagles nails in her NFL Nail Art Series.
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: Looking for a fabulous new eye cream? Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog loves vbeauté Eye Never Nourishing Eye Crème because it does EVERYTHING a great eye cream should do!
- Emily Hudspeth, hair design and makeup artist: Quick and Easy Tips for Holiday Makeup.
- Ishah x Beauty: Check out this gorgeous Pop Art inspired nail art tutorial.
- Rachel’s Makeup and Skincare: Rachel once again indulges in her new obsession with Lush.
- TheFabZilla: TheFabZilla shows her two looks from Christmas Eve & Christmas Day!
- Lacquer Buzz: Christmas might be over, but it’s not too late to take a look at this cute Santa and Elves mani!
- Beauty by Miss L: This week Miss L created golden Christmas manicure.
- Beauty Info Zone: There’s so much to love from Lush, everything is so cute including the names. Check out Mr. Punch soap to see why you need it.
- Vicerimus: Just spotted a lizard! If you are a bit tired of blogs busy with Christmas nails (which are all awesome!) and want something else for a change, take a look at this reptile-inspired manicure (it’s not an OPI Just Spotted A Lizard swatch post, though ).
- Liesl Loves Pretty Things: West End Wonderland Part 2! Last week Liesl showed off the lippy. This week it’s Butter London’s gorgeous polish.
- Lisa’s Nail Obsession: Pink gold on my fingernails? When I’m dressing up why not?
- Mama Fashionista: It’s time for MAC Matters! See what Quinn picked as the 2nd item from MAC to build her “core collection!”
- Betzy’s Makeup: My go to makeup look for running errands on weekends.
- SoFlaJo: AutoNation shares Christmas at Broward Nursing Home.
- Baking Beauty: Baking Beauty Rounds Up The Best New Year’s Eve Manicures.
- The Beauty Delicacy: Ego-Friendly nails with Sation nail lacquer. A multi-glitter must have for every polish collection!
- My Newest Addiction Beauty Blog: Laura from My Newest Addiction shared her review on Anastasia Beverly Hills Hypercolor Brow and Hair Powder.
Hey I’m offering Grab Bags that include all NEW items. These will include:
4 Full Size Polishes
PLUS 1 SoFlaJo mini
AND 1 Beauty Care or Hair item
ALL NEW AND UNUSED!
$25 shipping included, US only.
(International please contact me for shipping charge difference.)
Please contact me here to purchase your bag!
ATTN: PICTURE HEAVY
I’ve got to tell you, as if you didn’t already know,
I LOVE Halloween!
Last year I did a couple of Halloween swaps that were so much fun, so I was pretty excited to be involved in FOUR this year! And I got some really great stuff!
From my friend Rachel at Glam Polish in Australia (click her for her blog link btw) I got beautiful Ozotics, Vegemite (which I LOVE thanks to her always sending it to me), a boomerang, a couple of Koala bears, unshelled macadamia nuts (I’ve never seen them that way before) and a Picture Polish Dorothy for my hubby Joe (who collects anything Wizard of Oz)!
She also sent me one of her own handmade polishes! And it is beautiful!
My next swap was with my friend Nikki. She and I go back awhile and she lives near where I used to in Michigan. She is a huge penguin fanatic. Just look at this cute package!
She sent me two Sephora OPI polishes I’d been after as well as the darling black and orange Ty kitty. Also lots of goodies to use in my Halloween party theme!
I swapped as well with a fellow polish maker Kirsten from All That Glitters who sent me four of her fabulous polishes and a Starbucks gift card!
And here’s a really quick and uncleaned up mani because I wanted to see what my favorite one would look like on – Witch Craft!
I also did a Secret Halloween swap. From a nice gal named Andrea I got more polishes – China Glaze and my first Miso - and beauty goodies!
I’m already involved in two Secret Santa swaps as well as two other Christmas swaps. I am looking forward to sharing all those goodies with you next month, too!
Seems like Nail Polish is everywhere right now. And that’s not a bad thing after all, is it? Here are just a few of the ads I’ve seen in my own magazine subscriptions over the last couple of months. I still see them but I’ve stopped taking pix since now it seems like I’m seeing them everyday!
So what magazines have you seen nail polish ads in?
I have to tell you I am SOOOO in love with my blog design. My friend Jamie from Nails Adored is the designer. I give her all the credit for working with me to give me exactly what I was looking for! I can’t tell you how happy I am with the results! From the Dragon graphic, which is painted on my Harley tanks, to the ghost image on the right side of my banner of my actual bike. I chose the font God of War and she made it MINE with that map grid behind it!
Jamie is a real sweetheart and extremely talented. She designed my blog and my graphics. I have done blogs before and coming up with all the things that make it your own is so much work. She did it lightening fast and was waiting on me, not the other way around. She “works for polish” OMG, how cool is that? Well, I didn’t want to slight her for her awesome work. And I had some of those fantastic bloom.com vouchers I had purchased from several deal sites. When I asked her what she wanted she said with NO HESITATION the OPI Holland collection! Hey, I could agree with her there! I’m such an OPI fiend, too. I knew she also longed for OPI Ink and I picked up one of those in my jaunts around town. I also sent her some other polish goodies, including my complete SoFlaJo Year of the Dragon Polish Collection, which she reviewed here on her site. I also sent her fun stuff for her kids so they would have fun opening up her nail mail with her. Here’s a pic of the OPI collection that bloom sent directly to her.
And she JUST is in the process or reviewing my new Spring Polish Collection
Do you think she did a good job with my blog? Did I pay her enough, I know how much internet designers can get for their work. Are you looking for a revamp of your blog or website? I think the best advertising is a happy customer, and I truly am! Thank you Jamie, many times over!
Yes. I succumbed. I couldn’t help it. It was the fault of my friend Katie. I didn’t think I needed the new Zoya LE Boxes for New York Fashion Week. She made me think otherwise! LOL When she posted pix of the Peter Som Box and said how much the green was different than any she’d ever seen, I knew I was in trouble. If she hadn’t seen it and didn’t have it in her collection, it was a good bet I hadn’t and didn’t either! I have at least 100 Zoyas. Don’t make me go upstairs in my polish area, pull out the overflowing Helmer and count them all. Suffice it to say they fill an entire drawer and also go into another drawer! Ack! HOW did that happen?!?! Aren’t I the OPI lover?
But not one to leave well enough alone, I figured if I was buying one NYFW LE Box I had to have the other. Like a set of matching book ends, dontcha know?! So I also have the Bibhu Mohapatra Box. Since I was late to the party, I wasn’t able to buy them directly from Zoya. I bought them on eBay from a seller who was charging the same $24 price that Zoya charged, so she was probably an authorized dealer. That’s good because I’m not fond of eBay scalpers or bidder stupidity (lemming mentality). She also gave me discounted shipping and after ordering over the weekend, they arrived Tuesday, even with a postal holiday yesterday. She also included a couple of beauty samples. Idk if there will be any of the LE Boxes left by the time you read this, but she has a nice selection of beauty items in her store you might enjoy. Check her out at THIS LINK.
OK, now here’s the kicker. You’ve seen the names of the bottles in the Peter Som collection haven’t you? Evvie, Audrey, Katherine. Katherine? Is that right? That’s what it says on the Zoya Page doesn’t it? BUT, what does your bottle label say? Mine is Katharine. Katie was quick to contact Zoya for an explanation for this. They sent her a new sticker with the Katherine spelling! Should I or shouldn’t I?
Did you buy the NYFW LE Boxes? Do you plan on doing it, if you can still find them at a reasonable price? Will you actually use them once you get them? That’s always my biggest problem. Now that I have a true collector’s item, do I dare use it? What will you do?